Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Beyond Amazing

Psalm 19:1-6

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.

3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard. [a]

4 Their voice [b] goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

Tommy's Thoughts:

Today passage accurately reflects nature and humanity: “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands” (v1) God intended for the intricacy, orderliness and design of the universe to point to Him, wiring human with the intuitive recognition of His existence.

That’s why many scientific discoveries point to the existence of a Creator rather than away from that idea. In fact, they said it actually takes more faith to believe in a universe produced by random chance than in one created by God.

Dear Heavenly Father, Your magnificent and fantastic displays of craftsmanship never stop to amaze me and make me in awe of Your power, love and care. Teach me Lord not to just stop there but to further take Your message of salvation found in Your Word, the Bible, to the world.

Thank You Lord for all Your wonderful works; Your amazing love, Your gracious forgiveness and salvation; and the new life I received from You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

Dear Lord,
When I look to the heaven, it always makes me feel so small.
For Your glory overshadows me completely.
Who am I before Your creations?
Who am I but a small being?
You see me and know me, my sorrow and joy, my lost and gain, my thoughts and feelings.
Whenever I feel abandoned You will come and put Your invisible arms around me.
You are more real than the real people I see. For I could feel and see Your actions of love... You don't just say, You do.

Your Child, Bee