Monday, January 02, 2006

Dark Light


2 Corinthians 3:5-18

5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Glory of the New Covenant
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!



Bee's Thoughts:

Last night, my best friend sms me with the message, "wish u able2 fulfill whatever unfulfill stuff from last year resolution..." But my reply was, "Hmmn... what i want last yr is not what i want this yr..." Why?

Because I have given all my last year's hopes and dreams to God and I want them no more. I just want to be in the will of God. I trust that if God finds it good for me to have those 'stuff', He will give them to me this year. If not, I am happy without them. So I believe I have made the right 2006 resolution.

Today is the 2nd day of 2006 and I have been feeling rather peaceful, contented, and worry-free again like before the year 2005. Did my situation change? No, but my mindset has.

Today's devotion is another good reminder that...

All that I gained
come from God's grace,
there's no credit for me.
All that I am
I surrender to God,
and I shall not complain.
- Bee


Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your reminder again that I am what I am because of You. I shall be what I shall be in 2006 by Your mercy. I shall look at my future hope and glory instead of the present misery. Thank You for being my all in all. Praise You!


Tommy's Thoughts:

I used to believe in lies that filled my days with fear, self-condemnation, doubts and uncertainties. I wallowed in self-pity and negativities.

As the Lord came to open my eyes, I saw that as a Christian, we are called to be bold; to stand tall and straight with confidence in everything we do and to think and speak with authority, conviction and passion. This is possible because the Lord dwells in us. And we can live boldly when we know we are child of God and understand how the Lord wants to use us.

Thank You Lord first of all for being with me; protecting and safeguarding me during my travel trip. Thank You also for using situations to clarify my motives. Thank You for giving me a way to reaffirm my total submission, commitment and obedience to You despite my situation.

Dear Lord, I will continue to put You first in my life and letting You to mold and move me in the right direction. I will trust You to know what’s best for me and believing You are in control. I will remember that You live in me; giving me the strength and freedom to live my live boldly with true confidence. Lord, I pray that You will guide me to live the rest of my life as a reflection of You. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy