The Lost Library
6 A voice says, "Cry out."
And I said, "What shall I cry?"
"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field.
7 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
because the breath of the LORD blows on them.
Surely the people are grass.
8 The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God stands forever."
Bee's Thoughts:
I am like "grass", so is all mankind. Life is so fragile, we may "wither" and disappear from this earth any time. The bible compares men's glory/achievement to flowers which will fall easily too. Nothing is permanent... except one thing... "the word of our God". God's word never fail and it comes to past all the time.
Yesterday, I read that one of my friends' wish before she dies is to complete reading the whole bible. That's a very good thought! But to set her due date as before she dies is as good as no due date, since she won't know when she is going to die. By the time she knows, it will be too late to complete reading the whole bible. So I hope she will do it immediately and complete it within a year instead.
Yes. God's word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path always. It guides my life so that I may not walk in darkness.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your word which lives forever. Let me always keep Your word in my heart that I may do what is right in Your sight. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
I used to find it very hard to read the Bible; let alone applying it to my daily life. I admit I’d even forced myself to read it everyday just to make sure I’m doing the “right” thing. By constantly looking at the pages I need to finish and cover, I inadvertently turned it into a tiring chore I have to complete.

I think the problem mainly lies in the way I viewed the contents and value of the Bible. I found it more like an irrelevant historical accounts and stories for my life, rather than the words of God that is precious and alive. Instead, I found myself enjoying and absorbed so much more with all those best-selling self-help books on the shelf.
Although, God never against or forbids us from reading self-help books (some might even be a way for God to speak to us too), but they will never be as complete, resourceful, thorough, constant, accurate, reliable, in-depth, trustworthy and relevant to our lives than the Bible. In fact, most key points, explanations, tips, wisdom, techniques found in all those best-sellers can be found in the Bible, but in far greater truth, depth and substance.
There are others of those books which are unreliable and inconsistent as their contents changes and modified constantly to reflect recent understanding the author gained on the topic. There are also some which contain half the truth; contents that appear sensible and popular to readers on the surface but sandwiched with lies, false teachings and distorted truths.
Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me to read the Bible slowly, prayerfully and daily. Only through Your words, I’ll understand and know You better. I’ll always be able to find the truth I need as Your words will stands forever. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


