The Difference Faith Makes
1 The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.
2 The LORD looks down from heaven
on the sons of men
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.
3 All have turned aside,
they have together become corrupt;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.
4 Will evildoers never learn—
those who devour my people as men eat bread
and who do not call on the LORD ?
5 There they are, overwhelmed with dread,
for God is present in the company of the righteous.
6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor,
but the LORD is their refuge.
7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people,
let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
Bee's Thoughts:
Faith really makes a difference. Without faith, no relationship can last. I have faith in some of my online friends even though I have not seen them in person. With a few of them, I have full confidence that they will keep their promises, I know they are reliable. That's faith!
I find it hard to understand why many people do not believe in Christ/God just because they can't see Him. When I recall the time I accepted Christ, I always marvel at how I could have that simple faith. I guess at that time, accepting a God whom I have not seen is better than accepting nothingness which is a sure way to my destruction. If I never try I will never know, right?
I still have not seen Christ and still have not heard His audible voice... isn't this worst than my relationship with my online friends? At least with some of my online friends I have chatted with them frequently and have heard their voices before, some even have seen me on videos... there are interactions between us in one way or another. Yet, after accepting Christ by faith I slowly experience His reality in my life. This faith grows stronger as days go by though I still don't get to see Christ or hear His voice. But I can feel Him in my heart and read what He wants to tell me in the Bible. This is enough for me... I don't need to see Him physically to believe.
Yes, sometimes I wish I can touch and feel Christ; I wish He can hug and embrace me... but I know it isn't possible now, but it will take place one day when I see Him face to face. I will wait for that day to come... that's faith.
Dear Jesus,
I miss You a lot. I long to see You and touch You. But You asked me to wait. You promised You will come back for me and take me to where You are. I believe in You. I know You won't break Your promise. You won't tell me that it was a mistake after making that promise. I place my hope in You. Come quickly.
I pray for my friends who do not know You that they too will come and accept You by faith. I pray that they can join me in heaven one day when we leave this earth. I don't want them to be left behind. May they experience Your love just as I did.
In Your precious name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
It’s really sad that almost all my friends do not believe in a personal God or have the same faith as I am. I used to voice out my belief whenever they have the wrong views about God during conversation. But, most of the time, they responded negatively to them.

It’s very true what Psalm 14 said about the whole human race is straying away from God. Mostly due to the self-sufficient nature of today society; the many distractions and busyness in life; the ever increasing evils and suffering in the world. All these lead to the disbelief of atheists on the existence of an all-powerful, personal and loving God. But, to say there is no God is like saying there is absolutely no meaning or significance to our existence.
Without looking so far towards non-believers, we Christian our self are atheist sometime in practice when we rely more on our self than God; underestimating God’s sovereignty, forgetting His promises for us and not loving Him with all our heart and all our soul. Unconsciously, we might also obey Him solely out of fear that we will be punished later.
Dear Lord, search my heart and convict me if I have come to You for the wrong reasons; for my own selfish gain or comfort. Teach me to be honest to You like the psalmists, to tell You what I’m really thinking and feeling during the good and the bad times. I also wanted to pray for all my friends who are yet to know You, to open their heart one day to the truth and come to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Change my heart O, Lord
Make it ever true
Change my heart O, Lord
May I be like you.
You are the potter Lord
I am the clay
Make me and mold me
This is what I pray.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


