The Perfect Timing & Our Influence
Trials and Temptations
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
Tommy's Thoughts:
I’m an impatient person.
There’ve been an awful lot of times that even after I’ve prayed for God’s guidance and receiving it, I still rushed into actions that I regretted later. I’m in a way do not fully trust God to give me the best and skipping the essential season of my life to grow in faith and to know His Ways.
Verse 2 of today passage says “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds”. Through the years, whenever I’m facing trials, I can’t seem to find any reasons to be joyful about. What I did were complaining and later moving ahead with my own plans and actions. And every time I did that, I failed miserably and regretted of making those moves.
I’m in that situation again now. As I listened to a sermon this evening about “Making the Change NOW” and also today devotion’s passage, I realized God are telling me to let go of my worries and uncertainties; to fully trust Him; to know that He is not a sadist but a loving father who what the best for His children. Since I have prayed, I must believe and not doubt. God might be asking me to wait now or He has something even better than what I can think of. I know God is using this time now to test, mold and shape me into what He would have me be.
Dear Lord, thank You for Your mercy and grace that enable me to persevere during this time. I pray to You for wisdom in discernment whenever my mind is clouded by unworthy and meaningless influences. Lord, help me to be happy and joyful right where You have me. Help me to walk in Your ways and be willing to wait for Your timing in everything I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Indeed, how we live our life and what we say can influence people around us unknowingly. I was surprised when one of my e-friend of 2 years commented at my JOE blog:
"I'll never forget the role you've played in my life to help me being where I am today. I was a person who didn't believe in "e-friend" and this friendship with you just proved myself wrong. So, in the presence of all witnesses here, and to mark the start of this new year, I'd take this opportunity to award you the title of being my longest-ever one and only "THE E-friend Award"! Hope you'll fulfill every of the resolution you have for the new year and hope our friendship gets stronger over the years!"Ah... I have made a difference in people's life by sharing my own trials in life at my blog? How I handle these heartaches with God's help has indirectly and quietly encouraged others to experience God too. For this reason I "consider it pure joy" whenever I face trials... for not only I can be moulded in the process, but people who knows me can also be touched by the Lord.
Dear Lord,
Let me not murmur when trials come my way.
Let me consider it pure joy and persevere always.
Let me not be double-minded and never ever sway.
Let me ask You in faith each time I pray.
Let me be a good influence in what I say.
Let me be a blessing to others everyday.
Amen
.......the devotion of Bee and Tommy


