What Makes God Laugh?
1 Why do the nations conspire
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers gather together
against the LORD
and against his Anointed One.
3 "Let us break their chains," they say,
"and throw off their fetters."
4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
5 Then he rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,
6 "I have installed my King
on Zion, my holy hill."
7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD :
He said to me, "You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.
8 Ask of me,
and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will rule them with an iron scepter;
you will dash them to pieces like pottery."
10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear
and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry
and you be destroyed in your way,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Bee's Thoughts:
God laughs? About what?
As I read the above passage again, it shows me that there are many today who try to prove there is no God. However, these are just foolishness to God... if God can be proven, He is no longer God, isn't it? God laughs at their foolishness.
I was talking to someone the other day and I have come to the conclusion that things or people I can see don't require faith for me to believe. It's when I can't see and yet believe, then that's faith. So I have faith in God though I can't see him. That's why I can have faith in some of my online friends, though I have never seen them before in person. The degree of faith I have on these friends grows through our long periods of interaction with each other online... by msn chat, by phone, by email, etc.
Those who do not first put their faith in God will never be able to experience God... so it's a kind of self-fulfilled prophecy. They don't even dare to challenge God to prove Himself real to them. God says that those to seek Him will find Him.... that's His rule of thumb, His promise to the true seekers.
.
Dear Lord,
Thank You that when I seek You, You have shown Yourself real to me.... You kept Your promise. I pray for those who are not sure if You are God. I pray that they will take the challenge to seek You so that You can reveal Yourself real to them too. Open their spiritual eyes to see Your wonderous work.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee


