A Three-Step Conversion
38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
The Fellowship of the Believers
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Bee's Thoughts:
I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour when I was about 12 years old in the Sunday School. I got baptized in water 3 years later, and was baptized in the Holy Spirit a year later that. But it wasn't an easy road for me...
To my parents, water baptism means I am serious about my Christian faith. So I faced parental objection and persecution when I wanted to be baptized in water. But by faith I went though the baptism. My mum was furious... but gradually my parents accepted the fact that I am serious about my belief. They have seen the change in my life too. Persecution has actually made my faith so much stronger.
I always enjoyed bible study time as it helps me understand the bible better and to have practical Christian living. So going to church and attending home/cell fellowship is always a joy to me. Even when I feel tired or lazy to attend, the Holy Sprit will always prompt me to go.... and I always feel good and strenghtened each time I obeyed.
Dear Lord,
I can't stop thanking You as I looked back on how You have guided my life all these years. I have gone through many trials in my life, yet You have never failed to lift me up again and again.
Thank You for the strength to follow You. Thank You for the teaching of Your words, the fellowship of believers and Your constant Holy Spirit promptings. I pray that You will continue to lead my life and make me a channel of blessings to others, and to encourage them to grow in You too.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee


