Saturday, January 07, 2006

Willing To Share

1 Timothy 6:6-10

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.


Bee's Thoughts:

When we are contented with what we have we will have less despairs. When we are thankful for what we have everyday we will have less complain.

I am beginning to experience the new meaning of contentment this year. With such an attitude, things look brighter to me and I have more joy. Things also automatically workout better, just like in my new job... I am happy that I have a chance to 'polish' my skills in handling children besides the administrative aspects of work, as mentioned in my JOE blog on Contentment At Work.

True, I feel very tired these 2 days after my work, but I am happy and contented though my boss didn't pay me my worth. It's ok, since money is not everything in life.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for the lesson on godliness and contentment. For with that I could feel Your peace and joy within.

Thank You for sustaining Tommy and me in our devotion time with You too. Thank You that we can have like-minded comapanions to 'ran' this 'race' together, to share and to encourage each other. Thank You that You are our strength that carries us through when we are weak at times.

Praise You, Lord! Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

I used to be a very selfish person. I was always reluctant to lend a hand to help others. I normally will not get myself into hassle of making the effort to reach out to those in needs. At times, I was stingy by not sharing what I have with others; keeping all to myself.

As I submit myself to God; He showed to me my selfish attitude. Through His grace and mercy, I was able to change and begin to share and help others willingly and happily. The more I gave and share with others, the happier a person I became. All this is possible when I truly trust God to provide all my needs and knowing I can’t store up treasure for myself on earth.

Thank You Lord for teaching me to care and have true compassion for those in needs. Sometime, those might be difficult people in our life; those we have to listen to and understand their predicaments; those who are resentful because of hurt and those who are closest to us but yet the least we speak to.

Thank You Lord again especially for today. Though I don’t consider it as a “good” day, but in a way, You have shown to me the great difference between my past and present; the false god I worshipped and wasted so much time on last time with You today in my life. Now, I understand clearly how meaningless, foolish and harmful those desires were. Dear Lord, thank You for saving me from plunging myself into ruin and destruction. Thank You also for Your forgiveness. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy