Monday, January 23, 2006

Lead Them To Jesus

1 Corinthians 3:4-8

4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.

Bee's Thoughts:

Whatever we do will not be fruitful unless God causes it bear fruits. Time and again this message is repeated that without God being in it, whatever we strive to achieve (career, relationship, wealth, even spiritual works) will not prosper.

Dear Lord,
May Your name be exalted in whatever I do. I commit everything I do into Your hand... be it my work, relationship, service, etc. I know that unless You bless them, all these will go down the drain. Thank You for today's message, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

We are one body in Christ with Christ as our living Head. As a member of the body of Christ, each one of us has our own special gifts and abilities to perform specific roles, working hand in hand as a team member with other believers. We might be gifted with the ability to preach, to minister to others, to lead a congregation in worship, to work as missionary in other places, to run social concern initiatives etc. But in God’s eyes we are all equal; there is no one greater than the other; only God himself is greatest and all-powerful.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me about my gift in serving Your people and to focus only on Christ and not people. Lord, I will give You my best these coming months in all the tasks given to me in the schedule. But Lord at the same time, help me not to seek praise and approval from others; having any wrong or worthless desires to receive glory for what I will do. Instead, help me to focus into guiding Your people towards You; bringing glory and honor to Your name. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy