For Who He Is
37 The LORD said to Moses, 38 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the LORD, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes. 40 Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God. 41 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD your God.' "
Tommy's Thoughts:
Ever since my childhood till before I’m a Christian, I’ve been following through all kinds of rules and rituals of a religion, hoping to receive all the good luck, prosperity, good health, long life and success. Festivals were celebrated on certain dates in a year where I flocked together with others in a big crowd at places of worship, hoping not to miss out on any special blessings or good luck.
After I’ve accepted Christ, I can see how self-centered this practice and belief really is. It focuses entirely on what a person can get from serving those idols. Treating those gods like magical genies and expecting them to serve and grant our wishes, we pay them a visit and pray to them on special occasion or when we’re stuck in deep trouble!
Christianity goes entirely opposite of all the religions of the world. Worshipping God is selfless; instead of expecting to be served, we serve God and expecting nothing in return. It is about giving, not receiving. It is also not on what we should be feeling, experiencing or expecting. Because worship is not about 'ME'. True worship is about giving God what He deserves and for who He is, not for what we can get from Him.
If we happened to get joy, wisdom or some blessing from our worship, then fine and great, but we shouldn’t do it by expecting these in return in the first place. If we were to expect something, then often our feelings and emotions will color whatever ‘result’ we’re expecting. But, if we were to worship expecting nothing in return, then our worship becomes a wonderful gift we are giving to God.
We can worship and talk to Him wherever we are, anytime of the day and in every situation or circumstances in our lives; not only on special occasion or places. Through this, we can grow in a close, meaningful and personal relationship with God. Instead of fearing God will punish or not blessing us if we miss out on following certain rituals, we know Him as a caring, faithful and loving Father who will take good care of everything in our lives. All we need to do is to be willing to go to Him with a humble heart and to love Him with all our heart. He will takes care of the rest!
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for coming into my life, showing me the joy, peace and wonder in following You. Thank You also for Your daily reminders and assurance of Your love and care, through situations, signs, events or people around me. Lord, keep me close to You always and lead me in the paths of Your righteousness and glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Dear Lord,
You are the One who have brought me out of my 'pit' and led me thus far. Thank You for Your salvation. I pray that my life will tell others of Your love and mercy, Your compassion and grace. I commit my work, the people I talk to and meet everyday to You. I pray that those who do not know you will come to know you soon.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


