Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Worry Immobilizes

Matthew 6:25-34

Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Tommy's Thoughts:

My friend explained how God knows what is best for me when I was worrying about something recently. How much that assurance alleviates my fear and give me the peace of mind! No matter what the outcome maybe, God is in control and He knows it will be the best for us. This sometimes might not be the outcome we wanted or has hoped for.

It’s often easy to be consumed with our thoughts when we forget about God’s Word and His promises to supply all our needs. We can be assured in all things God works for the good of those who love him (Roman 8:28). When we worry about things we know we can’t do much or beyond our control, it reduces our ability to trust in God; interfering our relationships with Him. We may also be wasting our time, disrupting our productivity and even negatively affecting others.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your peace, promises and assurance that help me not to waste time worrying about unnecessary things. Teach me instead to carefully plan for the important matters - to think ahead of my goals, choices, and schedules and always trusting in Your guidance. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

I was feeling very anxious months ago regarding my career. For I have lost my focus in work last year after a series of things that happened in my life... I felt lost and aimless. Yet God has provided for me in His time. He knows when to put me at the position He wants me to be in. This year, I have been enjoying the various works I am entrusted with so far even though I felt exhausted by them.

I will be starting my new work this Thur and is looking forward to it eagerly. I pray that the transition will be a smooth one.

It's a good reminder that we need not worry but to trust in God's providence. All we need to do is to seek God first... His kingdom and righteousness.


Dear Lord,
Thank You for all You have provided for me. In my time of desperation and anxiety, You came to rescue me from my fear. You taught me faith and faithfulness, You taught me trust and patience.
Thank You for the amicable closure of my current job and the smooth transition into my new job soon. I see Your hands in them. Yes, I pray that Your peace that surpasses understanding will rule my heart and mind. I pray this for my best friend too.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.