The Right Starting Point
1 "Can you pull in the leviathan [a] with a fishhook
or tie down his tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through his nose
or pierce his jaw with a hook?
3 Will he keep begging you for mercy?
Will he speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will he make an agreement with you
for you to take him as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of him like a bird
or put him on a leash for your girls?
6 Will traders barter for him?
Will they divide him up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill his hide with harpoons
or his head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on him,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing him is false;
the mere sight of him is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse him.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.
Tommy's Thoughts:
It’s not about you.
This first sentence in Rick Warren’s best-selling Purpose Driven Life book slap right at the face to most of us who constantly ask self-centered questions like what do I want to be? What should I do with my life? What are my goals, my ambitions, my dreams for my future? Not to say these thoughts are wrong, but to begin everything by focusing on ourselves will never reveal the true purpose of our lives.
Whenever we are puzzled, dishearten and troubled by any situation in our lives, we must begin and start with God. As we humbly submit to His loving authority and care, we will begin to understand we were born by his purpose and for his purpose. Our perspective and priorities in things will change and we will discover our true origin, identity, meaning, purpose, significance, and destiny. Then life will start to make sense.
Dear Lord, thank You for showing me the right starting point (again!) when I was so focus on things to have and achieve. Teach me always to begin everything by seeking Your kingdom and obeying Your words and not worry and wasting time or energy about things beyond my control.
Ya, thanks also for the wonderful day today, met up and chatted with few very interesting friends. Teach me how to be a better and sincere friend; more loyal and giving. I pray that You will guide me never to let my works, deadlines and schedules keep me from being a true friend. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
In my current job I see a growing ministry for me to the people around me. Yesterday, one of my colleague said God has sent me there to help the schools. Today, a new staff who joined one day after me, from another department, came to share with me about some of his personal issues. I was surprised that he could confide in me though I don't really know him that well. I had the opportunity to encourage him to seek God. As I spoke to him I also reminded myself that this world is not my home... I'm just passing through.
Yes, everything we see, touch, hear or love belong to God. If that is the case there is no point worrying as God knows what's best. All we need to do is do what we can and leave the rest to God's plan. It's all about God.
Dear Lord,
If it's all about You, life's disappointments and trials become nothing anymore. When You all happy, I will be happy too. Teach me to do things that will please You. May my life brings glory and honor to Your name.
In Jesus' name. Amen.


