Grace & Faith - Gift of God
Made Alive in Christ
1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Bee's Thoughts:
Without the grace of God I wouldn't have a second chance in life or to be in heaven with Jesus one day.
Sometimes I wonder why others can't have the same level of faith as I have. On the other hand many people wonder why I have so much faith even though I am a very careful, analytical and skeptical person in terms of my work or issues. People find me 'weird' in a way to trust God or my online friends so much.
I have come to realize that the faith I have is a gift of God, not my own. Why is it so? I know it because I have exceptional faith in what I can't see -- be it in God or people. In my own natural self I don't trust anyone at all due to my bad early childhood experience. Yet I had such simple faith and trust in God when I came to know Him at the age of 12. My faith grows tremendously as I seek God. This faith also 'spilled' over into my faith in people whom I have not seen or met before.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your grace and Your gift of faith in my life. There's nothing I can boast but to boast in You. I pray that this faith will continue to grow as I explore the world around me and the people I come into contact with. Is one day You were to ask me to give up all and live by faith, let me be willing to do it and obey Your calling.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
In today’s passage, Paul said we do not need to live anymore under sin’s power once we became Christian. We used to be dead in sin and slaves to our sinful nature but not anymore when the penalty of our sin and its power to enslave us were miraculously destroyed by Christ on the cross.
Although, we will still subject and tempted to sin while in this fallen world, we don’t need to believe in the lie that we should give up when we fall as though we are hopelessly condemned. By focusing on Christ, we will receive His grace to keep us back on track when we are about to drift further away.
Dear Lord, thank You Lord that through faith in Christ that I stand acquitted before You. Let me remember always that I have been united in Christ’s powerful victory that I no longer live under the control of sin or dead in sin but alive with Christ. Teach me to respond to Your gifts of salvation and even my faith with gratitude, praise and joy. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

