Friday, June 16, 2006

God Reigns

Psalm 93

1 The LORD reigns, he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed in majesty
and is armed with strength.
The world is firmly established;
it cannot be moved.

2 Your throne was established long ago;
you are from all eternity.

3 The seas have lifted up, O LORD,
the seas have lifted up their voice;
the seas have lifted up their pounding waves.

4 Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.

5 Your statutes stand firm;
holiness adorns your house
for endless days, O LORD.

Tommy's Thoughts:

At times, we may find ourselves so perplexed and troubled with a situation or problem. We may be angered or annoyed by how others have taken advantage or treated us unfairly. Uncertainties and frustration loomed in our mind all day until we can’t concentrate on the things in front of us. We may ask ourselves will God ever going to do anything about our problems. We may even question where’s God when we needed Him to bring an end to our predicament.

I often found myself struggling with this when problems seemed so big and overwhelming. It was hard to honestly put everything in God's hands, trusting Him to know what’s best for me and that He will achieves all His good purposes despite my situation. But, I’ve learned that the more we can see and know how He is in control of everything and in every situation, His sovereignty, the less troubled and perplexed we are by our calamities. I begin to trust Him more and understand how He will always love and care for me regardless of the outcome from a situation.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for teaching me to give words of Your assurance to a friend in need today. Thank You that my friend received Your peace; giving rest to all the worries and frustration. Teach me also Lord to always keep calm and confidence in You during difficult and trying situations; turning my eyes to You and trusting Your sovereignty over all things. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

Tonight's passage is exactly what I needed. It is a confirmation to what has happened to me and my friend when we felt taken advantage off and unfairly treated.

We ended up encouraging one another that "the Lord reigns" and that "all things work together for good to those who love God". Also God says, "vengence is mine, I will repay." If the non-believers try to bully God's children, our Heavenly Father will know what to do.


Dear Lord,
Thank You for Your comforting words that You reigned. We will reign with You too one day when You come back for us, Your children. Thank You that inspite of what has happened to me and my friend, we have Your peace that surpasses all understanding. I pray for my friend that she too will receive your peace as she sleeps tonight. I pray that You will show her a better way for her soon. May she trust in You for her future.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.