Love Never Fails
Love
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Tommy's Thoughts:
As we grow in our faith and closer to God, we realized there are things we are yet to see clearly or completely; like squinting in a fog or peering through a mist (v12). But, we were given a hope for completeness one day when we face God face to face. While our faith is the foundation and content of God’s message, the hope we have gives us the strength, focus and reason to trust steadily in God. So, when both of these are in line, we’re free to love completely because we understand how God loves.
Faith, Hope and Love - there are nothing more important than to remember and practice these three things often; to be ready when the Complete arrives.
Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me the importance of Your kind of love above everything. Thank you for reminding me again that true love never gives up, cares more for others than for myself, doesn't want what it doesn't have, doesn't strut, doesn't have a swelled head, doesn't force itself on others, isn't always "me first," doesn't fly off the handle, doesn't keep score of the sins of others, doesn't revel when others grovel, takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, puts up with anything, trusts You always, always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end. Help me to love in this way. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
When all else fails, "love never fails" (v8). Sometimes we feel tired of doing certain things we used to enjoy before. But when there is love it will not fail. Love will sustains and drives us to continue doing the same thing.
When all things passed away, love will not pass away. When we go to heaven one day, love will still be there. Isn't it wonderful?
Dear Lord,
Love is the reason for Your creating us. That's why You want us to love You with all our heart and love our neighbours as ourselves. Thank You for Your love for us. May Your love continue to be seen in our life.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


