Honouring Others
6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
Love
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Bee's Thoughts:
"Honor one another above yourselves." (v11)
I guess I have failed to do that tonight.... I felt so bad when what I said to someone close made him say to me, "sound like only you know and 100% others don know what i am sayin".
What he said caused me to realize that I have not honored him above myself. I might have come across to him as someone 'proud' or 'self-righteous'. I didn't realize that's how he or others might see me, don'tI didn't mean it that way. I felt angry with myself actaully... for not becareful with my words.
Tonight's devotion is a good reminder that I must constantly be aware of how I speak and stay humble all the time, honoring others above myself.
Dear Lord,
Please cleanse my lips and put Your words in my mouth. Help me be aware of my speech so that I may not unknowingly hurt others or give the wrong impression to others with what I say. May my words bring blessings and life to others at all time. Teach me Your way Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts
We often see packaging of food claiming to be 100% pure and natural. These marketing taglines work well as people become more health conscious nowadays; we wanted pure, healthy and nutritious food without the extra artificial flavoring and coloring.
The same can be said about our so-called love towards each others; which often filled with pretense, duplicity and hypocrisy. Most of us are good at pretending that we care and love others. Common reasons for us to act in such a way are to avoid hurting others’ feelings; to make ourselves looks good and polite; or even to hide and mask our manipulative, selfish motives.
To start and be able to sincerely love each others, we first need to see and understand the true love of God for us. God loves us not because of our achievements, possessions or titles but because of who we are. When we are secure in God’s love, we will be eager to share that true love with others.
Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me to be honest and sincere to others, myself and to You when I claim to love others. Though I know sometimes it is easier to say than done but I trust Your grace will change my heart while I make the first step and effort to love others truthfully. Thank You Lord. I pray this in Jesus’ name, Amen.

