Warnings In The Word
1 A wise son heeds his father's instruction,
but a mocker does not listen to rebuke.
2 From the fruit of his lips a man enjoys good things,
but the unfaithful have a craving for violence.
3 He who guards his lips guards his life,
but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.
4 The sluggard craves and gets nothing,
but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.
5 The righteous hate what is false,
but the wicked bring shame and disgrace.
6 Righteousness guards the man of integrity,
but wickedness overthrows the sinner.
7 One man pretends to be rich, yet has nothing;
another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.
8 A man's riches may ransom his life,
but a poor man hears no threat.
9 The light of the righteous shines brightly,
but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
10 Pride only breeds quarrels,
but wisdom is found in those who take advice.
11 Dishonest money dwindles away,
but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow.
12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
13 He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.
14 The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,
turning a man from the snares of death.
Tommy's Thoughts:
If not because of You,
I would have not known many great things,
About self-control,
About how words can cut, slice and destroy,
To stop and think before I speak and react.
If not because of You,
I would have not learn about humility,
How it heals and changes me,
Open to advice, admitting my wrongs,
Guard myself from pride and in peace with others.
If not because of You,
I would have never think about living right,
Knowing each choice of good leads to another,
And each bad one entails more to come,
Listening to You make me run my race right.
Dear Father, thank You for the many teachings found in Your Word that has truly changed me. Without them I would not have known how much I need Your molding. Thank You for Your grace, peace and love that gives me the power to live and obey You. Keep me close to You, guiding me to seek You and Your kingdom first before everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." (v12)

I wondered why the above verse is amongst the rest of the wisdom. What is God trying to say? Then I found the above image which explains the verse very well. Thank God for His inspiring the artist.
I also found "Studying Proverbs by Topic" a good topical study to understand God's wisdom for us.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for sharing Your wisdom with us. Let us not be like the fools who do not heed Your Words of wisdom. Let us be wise in You though at times we look fooolish to the world.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

