Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Always Awake


Psalm 121

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Tommy's Thoughts:

There are some who tend to get easily drowsy when driving in long distance. I had a friend who had a horrible accident because of this. He was driving alone. He should have stop and take some rest before continuing his journey. It does helps a lot also if we have someone sitting beside us to chat with, watching and keeping us awake.

God is like that person sitting next beside us, keeping us safe along the journey. Unlike human companion, that need rest and not always available, God watches over us every second of our lives without any stop or rest, keeping us away from unnecessary problems, conflicts, harms and dangers. His protection is ultimately for getting us safely to Heaven.

Dear Lord, thank You for your constant loving care and protection, keeping me safe in Your arms. I would like to pray for my friends’ safety while driving back to their hometown tonite. Safeguard them for the entire trip. Thank You Lord. I ask all these in Jesus’ name, Amen.



Bee's Thoughts:

I received an email from a friend today who wrote:
"I don't know if you have noticed, but you are a much different person from the one I encountered six months ago. Back then you were a sad, hurt and troubled person (maybe it was just a period in your life). Today, you seem much happier and at peace? it looks good on you!"
Yes, I was at my lowest point in life at that time, struggling to cope with my loss of people/things dear to me. My thoughts and experiences were summed up in my poem Goodbye 2005. But thank God for seeing me through as I did my daily devotion, and also sending me online friends to encourage me.

The above Psalms have said it all as to exactly how I coped during my down moments.... I "lift up my eyes to the hills" where my help comes from. Therefore, God did not let my foot slip, as He watches over me day and night, and nothing could harm me. Praise be to God!


Dear Lord,
Thank You for watching over me all these while. You are a God who does not sleep. You know my coming in and my going out, You know my heart and my thoughts. Thank You for giving me back my confidence in You. Your grace is truly sufficient for me in my weakness. Glory be to You for changing my life and keeping me.
Thank You for my online friends. May You bless them and keep them in You too.
In Your gracious name I pray. Amen.


.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy