Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Serve with Gladness


Ephesians 6:5-9

Slaves and Masters
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

Tommy's Thoughts:

We spend big portion of our time at work. So, it’s a great blessing from God when our boss trusted in us to do our best, having confidence in the things we do and decision we make. As Christian, we should repay this trust by working hard and with enthusiasm in our works even when the boss is not around. We should see Jesus as our supervisor and do our work with diligence, responsibility and integrity.

Dear Lord, thank You for the blessings You have shown to me. Thank You for answering my prayers when I needed Your wisdom, strength and peace. Teach me to know Who I ultimately should want to please in everything I do. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

Christians are supposed to be the best workers, if they follow the teaching of the Bible to serve their earthly masters/employers like they serve the Lord. Likewise, Christians bosses are supposed to be the best bosses if they follow biblical teaching. However, if they are unwilling to serve the Lord, then it doesn't make sense for them to serve their employers well or treat their employees well too. So it begins with their relationship with the Lord and how they serve Him in the first place.

Dear Lord,
Let me serve You with gladness that I may always serve my earthly employers with gladness too. When there are issues at my workplace, let me always get Your wisdom to resolve them. I commit my work to You, Lord. Let me find favor in the eyes of people I work with, for I work hard as unto You.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.