A Loan To The Lord
34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44 "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Tommy's Thoughts:
Our daily lives can make more sense, become more meaningful and exciting when we know God keeps track of every single thing we ever do or say, recording our every thoughts and actions, watches what we hold onto, how we give and serve others. With this in mind, our attitudes towards others will change dramatically; we begin to see the deep needs of those around us.
Today's parable describes acts of mercy and love we all can do and show to everyone daily. Most of these acts don’t require a lot from us, they can be simple acts we can give freely if we really concern and care for others. Our personal involvement and love in caring and serving for other’s needs glorify God, reflecting our love for Him.
Dear Lord, forgive me that at times I’m too busy working around my own needs and fulfillment that I forgot those around me that needs my help and care. Guide me to be aware of this always, that whatever I do for others, I’m in fact doing it for You. Thank You Lord, I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
The above passage comes in at the right time to remind me what life is all about.
Because of my busyness with work, I somehow feel very tired and don't want to interact much with people whom I used to interact often. I don't think so much, don't reflect often, and I simply engross myself with works day and night. I am my 'workaholic' self again. I know it's not good for me and the people I used to care in a long run.
Few days ago, I also felt that my care and concern for certain people seemed to be taken for granted. I just felt like not caring anymore... I felt like letting things be while I get on with my busyness, and mind my own business.
Yet today's devotion is a reminder that I shouldn't feel weary of doing good to people, whether they appreciate or not isn't important. For whatever I do for those who need my care and concern, I am actually doing it to the Lord. Therefore, I should not loose heart in doing good, to love and to care.
Dear Lord,
I need Your strength to continue to love and care. Even though at times I feel weary and discouraged, let me not give up but to continue to be a blessing to people around me. Let me be sensitive to the needs of others and continue to make a difference in their life. May my work brings glory to Your name.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
.......the devotion of Bee & Tommy


