Lifted From The Depths
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.
Bee's Thoughts:
This week is really a very tough week for me due to too many urgent assignments. As a result I slept very little and worked too hard. I had no time to think or feel too much, but just concentrate in my work. But tonight, what someone said made me feel sad again. It's good in a way, otherwise I would just feel like a robot or zombie the whole week.
I have worked very, very, hard in my work and done my best. Next, I have to trust God to see it through.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for seeing me through this week. Thank You that I can see some fruits in the assignments I am handling. I commit them into Your hands.
Thank You also for helping my best friend in his exam today too.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
The slimy pit here was a metaphor to express what it is like to be trapped and bogged down by our sin or worry. We may be feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and helpless because of our sins, knowing we'll never be able to set ourselves free no matter how hard we try. We see ourselves declining spiritually, staying further away from God, disconnected and feeling hopelessly condemned.
No matter what or how great our sin may be, God's forgiveness is enough to cleanse us from our guilt and set us free to begin anew. When we trust in God with our whole heart, humbly acknowledge how much we need Him to lift us up from our pit, we will receive His grace that transforms us from within and changes our desire to do His will. He will sets our feet on solid rock and gives us a firm place to stand when facing challenges in our lives (v2).
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for turning to me each time, hearing my cry to You (v1). Thank You for the things You have planned for me (v5) in the past, present and future. Teach me to obey Your every word and command that they will guard and protect me from all the 'dangers' that surround me. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.


