Sunday, July 30, 2006

Amazing Grace



Deuteronomy 10:17-22 (Amplified Bible)

17For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, the terrible God, Who is not partial and takes no bribe.

18He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the stranger or temporary resident and gives him food and clothing.

19Therefore love the stranger and sojourner, for you were strangers and sojourners in the land of Egypt.

20You shall [reverently] fear the Lord your God; you shall serve Him and cling to Him, and by His name and presence you shall swear.

21He is your praise; He is your God, Who has done for you these great and terrible things which your eyes have seen.

22Your fathers went down to Egypt seventy persons in all, and now the Lord your God has made you as the stars of the heavens for multitude.

Tommy's Thoughts:

Moses described our God as God of gods and Lord of lords, the true God, He has such awesome power and justice that we as sinners will never be able to stand before Him with His blazing holiness. Fortunately, our God is a God of mercy and love. Because of His unlimited mercy towards us, we can approach Him despite our failings if we truly seek Him and His kingdom.

Once we are able to grasp this amazing grace of God, we’ll understand what true love really means and how deeply He loves each one of us.

Dear Father, thank You for Your grace, love and mercy that bring me back to Your saving arm; as I once was lost, but now I'm found. Lord, I thank You also for You hold my future; that I don’t have to worry about it.

Father, I praise You, because You are in control and all I have to do is obey and You arrange everything in my life according to Your perfect plan. Help me to always joyfully obey all Your commands and to trust You completely. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:

The life of a Christian is not just talk but actions. Jesus said in Matthew 22:39, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' The same commandment was given that regardless we know a person or not, we are to love him/her with God's love and compassion when in need, e.g. fatherless and widows (v18, 19).

The reason we should do this is because God has firstly shown mercy and grace to us. So likewise we should do it unto others (v19).

Dear Lord,
Thank You for showing Your love for me when I was yet sinner and a stranger to You. Thank You for saving me and made me whole. Teach me how to show mercy and love to those who are strangers too, that through such love they will know You too. Grant me wisdom to know who are the genuine ones and who are those just trying to take advantage of Christians.
I also pray that You will grant us good rest tonight so we can rise up fresh to praise Your name.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.