Family Therapy
26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[a]? Do all interpret? 31But eagerly desire[b] the greater gifts.
And now I will show you the most excellent way.
Tommy's Thoughts:
When we walk closely to God each day, following examples of Christ and being part of His family, we’ll find ourselves easier to forgive, forget and reconcile with other Christians in a conflict. As much as a situation maybe hurting us, we tend to also aware of the hurt or sadness felt by the other members.
The love of God helps us to look past the disappointments and disagreements in front of us and take positive, respectful, loving and caring ways to reunite and mend the relationship with other members of Christ. As apostle Paul said, “If one member suffers, all the members suffer with it” (1 Corinthians 12:26).
Dear Lord, thank You again for giving me the eyes and heart to know and understand the hurts felt by others; not only mine. Teach me to be more like Christ, to show sincere love, care and respect to those who needs someone to understand them and be willing to accept their differences. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
Thought about "family" used to bring more sad than happy memories for me. My first poem, Memories, gives a glimpse of my feelings. But I want to thank God for welcoming me into His spiritual family. It was this family that gave me hope and love that I didn't have from my earthly family. This family is so universal that wherever I go, if I meet any Christian, I just feel the kinship with him/her immediately.
God's family is different from our earthly family. In His family, there are people with different gifts so that as a whole, the Church will be complete. I feel that my gifts are teaching, helping and administration. These 3 gifts are what I could do comfortably without feeling burdensome all along.
But all these gifts are nothing if I do not have love. Love is the greatest of all gifts. Though love is what I didn't receive as a child, but when I came to know and accept God's love, I could love others with God's love. But what I lack is the expression of love in a physical way, except with children.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for bringing me into Your family. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for the gifts You have given to me. I pray that I will use them to serve You in the places You want me to. Thank You for my brothers and sisters in Christ. When we have conflicts, I pray that we will allow Your love to cover each others' sins.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

