The Far Side Of The World
Rules for Holy Living
1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your[a] life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
Tommy's Thoughts:
There maybe things in our lives now that is so painful and difficult that it stops us from looking to our promised glorious future with Christ: a future where all our pains and sorrows cease, where peace reigns forever.
These things may come in the form of a burden that seems so heavy for us to bear, that it continually drags us down into grief and sorrow. It may also be things we feel no one would ever understand or care about. Or, things we hope to change into better but seem to go from bad to worse. And, it maybe a confusion or uncertainty that takes over our every thoughts and distracting us from putting all our trust in God.
As believer, we have been raised with Christ, that we need to set our hearts on things above (v1), things that are eternal and not temporal. But, this does not means we can neglect or ignore our current situation. It means we need to know:
1. God is sovereign and always in control
2. God cares and love us very much and He knows all our hurt and suffering
3. Our future hope is safe and concealed with Christ (v3)
4. We should fervently pray to God for all our problems and trust Him to make things right for us in His time and way
5. To look at our lives and every problem from God’s perspective and seek what He desires.
6. God will provide us the peace, strength and power to overcome and persevere all that coming our ways and be prepared for Christ’s return.
Lord, You know…
every drop of tears I shed,
every ache and sorrow deep in my heart,
every burden I have to bear,
every brokenness and depression.
Because You went through all these and so much more..
And I know You are not happy to see me now in tears…
And You wants to pull me out from this pit
and make me stand on the mountain top.
So Lord, teach me to look towards You
Asking You to come and take all my burdens
my every pain..
and fill my heart with Your divine peace
a peace that passes all understanding
Dear Lord, thank You for being there to comfort me and giving me the strength and peace to go on when things are so painful and unbearable. Make me walk closer to You each day. I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
I have changed this year compared to last year, unknowingly. The things I longed before are no longer my yearning now. While others are still searching for those things I have stopped searching for them. My perspective of life has changed. I no longer fight so hard for my right as much as I used to do. I guess I have learnt to 'kan kai' (let things be).
Why?
Perhaps the following song can sum up my feelings:
I've been to lots of places
and I've seen lots of faces;
There were times I felt I was all alone.
But in those lonely hours,
those precious lonely hours,
Jesus let me know I'm not alone.
Through it all, through it all
I've learnt to trust in Jesus
I've learnt to trust in God
Through it all, through it all
I've learnt to depend upon His Words.
So I thank God for the mountains
and I thank Him for the valleys,
and I thank Him for the storms
He brought me through.
'Cos if I never had a problem,
I'll never know that He could solve them,
I'll never know what faith in His word can do.
Through it all, through it all
I've learnt to trust in Jesus
I've learnt to trust in God
Through it all, through it all
I've learnt to depend upon His Words.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for all that You have brought me through. I now surrender myself to You, with all that I have and all that I love. Let me always turn my eyes upon You, the author and finisher of my faith.
Now I pray for my best friend, that You will be with him in all his 'mountains' and 'valleys' of life. May You keep his faith strong in You and grant him strength to do Your will.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen


