Father Knows Best
Shimei Curses David
5 As King David approached Bahurim, a man from the same clan as Saul's family came out from there. His name was Shimei son of Gera, and he cursed as he came out. 6 He pelted David and all the king's officials with stones, though all the troops and the special guard were on David's right and left. 7 As he cursed, Shimei said, "Get out, get out, you man of blood, you scoundrel! 8 The LORD has repaid you for all the blood you shed in the household of Saul, in whose place you have reigned. The LORD has handed the kingdom over to your son Absalom. You have come to ruin because you are a man of blood!"
9 Then Abishai son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over and cut off his head."
10 But the king said, "What do you and I have in common, you sons of Zeruiah? If he is cursing because the LORD said to him, 'Curse David,' who can ask, 'Why do you do this?' "
11 David then said to Abishai and all his officials, "My son, who is of my own flesh, is trying to take my life. How much more, then, this Benjamite! Leave him alone; let him curse, for the LORD has told him to. 12 It may be that the LORD will see my distress and repay me with good for the cursing I am receiving today."
Bee's Thoughts:
It's a good reminder that God said that "vengence is mine, I will repay". Judgment is in God's hand and we must learn not to take things into our own hand. This is the same even in the office.
Dear Lord,
Teach me to always pray when situation arise, instead of relying on my own thoughts to solve problems. Grant me wisdom to handle my colleagues well.
I pray for my best friend, who has sprained his ankle. May you give him speedy recovery. Let him rest and not be too active.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
It’s always a challenge for me to sit down and be calm when others have wronged me. I’m so easy to be ignited and to take things into my own hand in the face of unjustified criticism and provocation. Most of the times, I’ll end up doing things that I’ll regret later.
From today’s passage, we can be sure that God knows our every hurt and the distress that we endure. We can be certain that He will vindicate us from the wrongs others have placed upon us. Instead of taking things into our own hand, we can surrender them to God to bring true justice for us when we have done all we can do.
Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me again to be always calm and patient when dealing with others. Teach me not to be easily infuriated by unjustified criticism and remark from others, but to trust You more and abide in Your love. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

