Friday, July 07, 2006

Humility

Philippians 2:5-11

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Bee's Thoughts:

Jesus was the most humble man while is was on earth. He was the model for His disciples to follow. He walked His talks. For He knew that His reward is in heaven, to please His heavenly Father.

Likewise, as Christians,we need to learn from Jesus to be humble. Very often we are people full of pride. I am no difference. When someone says something that isn't true about me, I have the tendency to either defend myself or just cry over it. However, if I am humble I should just pray and let God be my defender. It's a lesson I have to learn.

Dear Lord,
I pray that You will teach me true humility. I want to commit myself to You, to be willing to take up my cross and follow You.
I pray that in my work place Your Holy Spirit will guide my words and actions, that they may not stumble anyone.
I pray for my best friend now that Your peace will rule his heart. I pray that he will not be sad but to have Your joy in his heart. Let him sleep well tonight, waking up in the morning experiencing Your loving kindness in his life.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

A friend while watching a show criticized it for being unrealistic for depicting a couple going to heaven after they died. He said it’s impossible to have so many good people around, qualified to enter heaven that easily. Although he’s not a Christian, he’s right in a way about how most of us today fall short of god’s glory, acknowledging none of us will be good enough to gain God’s approval.

But, this is not impossible and in fact certain for every true believer. As Christian, we are all assured of an eternal life with God if we accept Christ as our Lord and Saviour. Because of God’s amazing love for us, Jesus humbly submitted to the will of the Father and died on the Cross to save us all from eternal separation from God.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Your amazing love that provides me forgiveness from all my sins and a way to reconcile with You. Teach me to be more like Christ each day, to seek You with humility and joyful obedience. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.