Whom Shall I Send?
Isaiah's Commission
1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory."
4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Tommy's Thoughts:
While chatting with a friend about her problem recently, I had the opportunities to share about the loving kindness of God to His creation. She interrupted and explained that she too believe God is good, kind and holy; and because this very reason she felt inadequate and afraid to approach Him, let alone sharing her problems with Him.
Its true most non-Christians believe it’s impossible to approach God personally. They either decided to stay away from anything that have to do with God, like my friend, or they try hard to earn His favor and acceptance through work and their own human efforts. And we all know no matter how much we do; we will always fall short to God’s glory and holiness (Romans 3:23).
But as Christian, despite our inadequacy and hopelessness to measure up to God’s standard of holiness, God himself provide a Way for us to reconcile with Him through Jesus. By believing in what Christ has done for us, we receive forgiveness from all our sins and the assurance to be accepted by God, to approach Him directly.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the way to approach and be close to You, to be renewed and strengthened while living in this fallen world. Guide me to confess all my sins to You, submitting to Your control before I go out and speak for You to those around me. Purify my heart God, that I may truly represent You to the world. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, Amen.
Bee's Thoughts:
I was talking to our pastor during the supper after our church meeting tonight. In the conversation he mentioned that these days, when church members suggest to do something for the church to him, he would tell them to do it instead. That brings home a point that if God would to put a burden in our hearts for something we should tell God, "Here am I. Send me!" (v8).
But before God can use us, we need God to cleanse our hearts and lips (v7). We should do them out of pure motive and love for God.
Dear Lord,
I need You to cleanse my heart and lips so that I can be of use to You. Let me be willing to be sent by You to do Your work instead of asking You to send someone else. Teach me to know Your will, Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

