Saturday, July 15, 2006

Priority

Psalm 8

1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.

2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise [b]
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [c]
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Tommy's Thoughts:

It is easy to be distracted from spending our times with God daily by our busy schedule and deadlines. Most often, I found myself going to Him when I was dog-tired at the end of the day. Things tend to be harder to dealt with and handle when I become more and more busy, spending less time listening to God and focus on Him.

We may unknowingly think God care little for our career, future and well-being that spending time with Him won’t at all help, ease or solve our problems. Our priority says a lot about our trust in God. We need to know that we are highly valuable to God, that He is mindful of us a lot (v4). He knows and will always provide all that we need. We have to first humbly go and submit our selves to Him, trusting Him to provide and guide our path and acknowledging His control over everything in our lives.

Dear Lord, forgive me of not spending enough time with You, listening to You and learning from You. Teach me to know and understand what matters more and most in my life; to seek Your Kingdom first above everything else.Teach me also to have a proper perspective on Your sovereignty and providence, to trust You more in things. Thank You for Your love and care that gives me the peace, strength and joy in doing my best in my works and planning for my future. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


Bee's Thoughts:
3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

The creation of God, such as the heavens, the moon, the stars, and nature, always bring me closer God. They remind me of the greatness of God and put me in a sense of awe for Him.

Today, I murmured to my boss that I have no time to 'smell the flowers' these days with my long working hours. He replied that he has learnt to enjoy his work. In so doing work is fun and not just work. In a sense my boss is right. I need to do my work with God and not just by myself. Then I will fully enjoy my work and shine for Christ.

Dear Lord,
As tired as I am I want to thank You for all the things You have done for me. Even though I work long hours, I thank You for our strength that see me through. Thank You for Your wisdom in guiding me in my work.
Thank You for my prayer partner who prayed for me constantly too. May You also give him wisdom and strength to do his work well.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen