Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Attributes of God

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations


Bee's Thoughts:

The Lord is good,
His love is forever,
His faithfulness continues. (v5)

Yes, these 3 attributes of my God made Him so special in my life.

He is good... He will not do or allow thing to happen to me that isn't good for me.
His love never ends... unlike the love of mankind that could end when feelings fade.
His faithfulness lives on... even when I am unfaithful, He remains faithful, not only to me, but to my next generations.

Dear Lord,
How can I not love You and be faithful to You? Thank You for being such a loving and faithful God in my life. I pray that I will stay faithful to You, for You have loved me with an everlasting love.
Thank You, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Tommy's Thoughts:

There are many today who think that they are the creator and center of their own lives. Pride creates the illusion that they are in control of everything and doesn’t depends or need for a God. Their mind-set often leads them to greedy possessiveness; feeling secured through owning and possessing various things. If they somehow lost everything they have or own one day, they will lost everything.

Dear Father, thank You for being there faithfully to guide and enlighten me from confusion and uncertainties. Thank You for giving me the hope, to trust and surrender all my longing and desire to You.

Dear Lord, I praise You for Your everlasting love, goodness and faithfulness for me; giving me more than I ever deserve. As You have created me and gives me all I have, teach me to want to give to others too. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.