Chosen People
1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
The Living Stone and a Chosen People
4As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For in Scripture it says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame."[a] 7Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
"The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone,[b]"[c] 8and,
"A stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall."[d] They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.
9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Bee's Thoughts:
When we are born of the Spirit of God and become Christians, we are just like "newborn babies" (v2). As spiritual "babies" we need to drink "spiritual milk" to grow spiritually. Our mind should be one that is pure and being cleansed by the blood of Christ,
Thank God for choosing me to be His "people" and "priest". Every time I recall how God called me into His kingdom I feel very grateful to Him. I could see myself as one who was lost, and as if I were 'thrown into the dustbin', but was picked up by the Lord. I owe my life to Him.
Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul;
Thank You, Lord, for making me whole.
Thank You, Lord, for giving to me,
Your great salvation so rich and free.
Amen
Tommy's Thoughts:
The old adage, promises are meant to be broken seems to be so common in our society today. It’s no longer easy to trust and be assured by words from others, even for the smallest of things. Men can terribly disappoint us sometimes, but not God. As Christian, we can safely put our confidence in God’s promises for us, as He will never let us down.
Lord God, my heavenly Father, You made and govern all things. Even though the immensity of creation overwhelms me, You have assured me of Your love for me, an unworthy sinner. As I struggle with my petty problems, and troubled by worries, I know that You’re my loving Father and I am Your dear child by faith in Jesus Christ.
Dear Lord, free me from anxiety when dealing with my problems, sorrow and trial and lead me to trust Your unchanging love, faithfulness and goodness. Thank You Lord for everything and I know and believe all things work together for my everlasting happiness, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

