Imitating the Father
19Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these. 21For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.
Bee's Thoughts:
Tonight's passage becomes clearer to me than my understanding the last time. Jesus as a man could only do what God enabled him to do. He 'imitated' his Father.
Therefore, I can do nothing without God too. Only by obeying God and following after His footsteps can I do the impossible.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for showing me this truth that I can do nothing without You. I want to be an imitator of Christ and do the things I see You doing. Yes, let me love with Your love. Show me Your Way, Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Tommy's Thoughts:
Whenever we need to make difficult decision, we can put ourselves in Jesus’ shoes and ask questions like “What will Jesus do in situation like this?” or “What would Jesus have me do?” We can recall the stories of Jesus’ in the New Testament about how he responded and handled situations during His life on earth, to help us make right decisions.
Because of Christ unity with God, He lived as God wanted Him to live. Similarly, because of our identification with Jesus, when we imitate His characteristics, traits and attitude, we too live as He wants us to live, honoring Him with our obedience and faithfulness.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for being my source of strength, guidance and change. Teach me continue to have utter dependence on You, just as Jesus did. Show me how I can imitate Christ more each day and be useful to You in ways You sees fit for me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

